Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Transitions

I realize it's been quite some time since my last blog and if anyone out there reads this, I'm sorry.

I have no excuse really.  Other than I just didn't make myself sit down and write a blog.  All I can say is that it's taking time to adjust to life in California.  I don't mean that in a bad way at all.

It's just I've gone from one way of doing things to an almost completely opposite way of doing things.  I need time to regroup and find my support network.  Those spouses who won't think I'm a nut and can tolerate my quirks.  Tall order I know!  I need to find my rhythm.



So, since the last blog the hubby and I packed up our two vehicles with our dog, the bird and two cats and drove from Virginia to California.  Don't worry we kept the cats and the bird in separate cars.  Have you ever driven cross country?  With animals?  With a deadline of when you had to arrive?  Needless to say it was kind of tiring.  But, in hindsight, kinda fun.  I mean I drove cross country!  Never thought I would say that.

Now, I'm settled a bit.  We've already had two separate sets of guests stay with us and have fallen in love with our new surroundings.  As the holidays approach I'm hoping to get in some writing.

The weather our here is meant for sitting outside and contemplating a new story.  Now to actually bring out pen and paper to jot down those ideas.

For now I will keep in touch with the fantastic writers group I left behind in Virginia and hopefully by the new year I'll have found another group to join.

I haven't quit though.  Keep an eye out for more from me.  I have things in the works, but that's all I can say for now.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment