Thursday, August 4, 2016

Norfolk Botanical Gardens - Butterfly House

The Norfolk Botanical Gardens is a hidden gem in the midst of a city.

I had been in the past to the Season of Lights (post on that later this year), but I'd never actually gone into the gardens.

So recently a friend of mine took me and I so appreciate it.


There is so much to this area that I've decided to break it down into a few blogs.  That way I can go just a bit more into detail.  And I didn't hit everything in the gardens, but what I did see was amazing.

So this post will be about the Butterfly House.

I really love seeing things through the eyes of a child.  You never know what you'll see.

I admit I wasn't sure I'd be as enamoured with the Butterfly House as I was.

This enclosed house provides an unbelievable opportunity to observe butterflies as they circle and land on their favorite nectar flowers.  They even have handy guides so you can identify the different butterflies and the flowers that are there.  

They tie ribbon to identify where there are butterfly eggs.  They even have a cage holding all the chrysalis.  If you're lucky, you might even see a butterfly emerge.

It’s the perfect compliment to the 2.5 acre Bristow Butterfly Garden and the giant Butterfly Maze.  I didn't realize that there was a Butterfly Maze.  That would have been neat to see, but I don't regret a moment of this fun day.
 
 What a wonderful day with some fabulous company!

Thank you Elizabeth for letting me intrude on a wonderful day with you and your sweet little girls!  One thing off my "757 Bucket List".






No comments:

Post a Comment