Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Reconnecting

Ah summer!
A trip to Coronado w/ Hotel Del Coronado in back.

Who doesn't love the days of summer?  As a kid I couldn't wait to be out of school and free for 3 months.  Time to hang with my friends, play at the pool and read non-stop.  Now, especially since I live in sunny California, it doesn't hold as much meaning to me as it used to.  I get plenty of sunshine, can read whenever I please and live not too far from the ocean.  I think I may be a bit jaded.  

This summer gave me a special treat though.  I have been able to reconnect with three of my girlfriends from high school.  Can you hear the girly squeals and giggles in your head?  You should, because we did.

It was a great time to reminisce and catch up on what's going on in their lives now.  Two have married and have kids.  You may notice one lady (besides me) is in these photos.  That's because she lives here as well.  

So we made sure to tell people where to visit.  I took one girlfriend to Coronado beach to see the gold sparkling sand, live sand dollars and the Hotel Del Coronado.  We met up and had drinks later that night with our other friend.

Armor up!  It's gonna be a rough day.
Another girlfriend met up with us to tour the USS Gabby Gifford.    She's the newest LCS (Littoral Combat Ship) in the navy and is the type of ship my hubby is attached to.

And an outing with us is not complete if we can't be goofy together.

I've missed these ladies and I hope it's not another twenty something years before I see them again.

Although, I think they want me to come to them next time.

Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment